June is EWGA Let's Get Golf Ready Month, where we are encouraging Chapters to share the activities they have planned to get their members "ready" for the golf season.
You can "get ready" by:
- Taking a refresher golf lesson
- Practicing your short game for one hour
- Stocking your golf bag with essentials (bug spray, sunscreen, Band-Aids, healthful snacks/nutrition/energy bars, extra golf gloves, etc.)
- Looking up a Rule that you may have been uncertain about in the past (lost ball, lateral water hazard, out-of-bounds, etc.)
- Changing your grips on your clubs (recommended once a year)
- Replacing the spikes on your shoes (recommended every 10-15 rounds, especially if you walk the course)
Many EWGA Chapters offer instruction, new golfer series, Rules workshops, etiquette, handicap education, etc. Follow this link to see what a Chapter in your area has planned for June.